Click on the transaction row and choose a bill from the dropdown list. Or click "Update" and the bill dropdown field will be in the lower left corner of the form.
Execute imports using the same file type. If you want to use a different file type then make sure not to overlap the previous export.
If the bank adds pending transactions to the export, then mark them as pending here. When the bank posts those transactions, their transaction date may change and will not be skipped when imported. When this happens, just merge the two transactions.
- Export transactions from your bank(s).
- Import Transactions to SquareBudget.com.
- On either of the transaction listing pages, go through the imported transactions and add each to a budget, or mark bills, and optionally add tags and categories.
- (Optional) Manually add the currently pending transactions omitted from the export. Banks do not usually include all pending transactions in their exports.
- If there are pending transactions in the bank's export file, make sure to mark them as pending here. Data can change once the transaction "posts" which can lead to duplicates.
- (Optional) Add any upcoming bills (transactions that are marked as a bill) that need to be accounted for in your budgeting. Make sure to set "Affect account balance" to "No".
- The next time transactions are imported, merge the pending transactions that match the ones you just imported. And make sure to use the same type of export file to eliminate duplication.
The option to turn on categories is revealed by clicking the button in the footer (left side) labeled with your login email.
The option to turn on tags is revealed by clicking the button in the footer (left side) labeled with your login email.
There is a link to the contact form in the footer when you are logged in.